Monday, April 12, 2010

Scraplifting is NOT a Crime

ScrapTiffany's challenge this week is to lift a technique. I saw this video by reneejul1 (sorry, I don't know her real name) over on youtube. She shows a cool technique that I hadn't seen before: to ink your embossing folder before running it through your Cuttlebug. Reneejul1 inked the whole image, so the embossed part would stay white. I thought it would be neat to ink the debossed side of the images. And then I thought about inking just one little part of the folder for a bigger impact.
I think the sentiment "You know it's Time to Fly" is just perfect with this one little bird popping off the page in red. It's deep.... lol.

Okay, confession time. I inked the little bird before running it through the Cuttlebug, but it wasn't enough color or coverage for me. I filled it in with a marker and put some distress Stickles on top.

Try this technique out.... and then submit it to the ScrapTiffany challenge.

1 comment:

  1. What a crafty idea. I adore your art work! It has just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete