Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sketch It

ScrapTiffany's challenge this week was to work from this sketch created by fellow DT member Rebecca.
I really wanted to use this sketch for a card, and by golly it kicked my batoonkus. I don't think any other card has taken me this long to create, but I'm so glad I challenged myself..... and even made it through fairly satisfied.


The card base is smaller than an A2 card, so the crazy amount of hang-off still fits an A2 envelope. My color choices and the use of birds came from the Embellish magazine challenge.

You'll have to trust me that the pink in my card is just as bright as this swatch. In photographing my card, I used my newly assembled light box for the first time. I am not happy with the results at all. They are turning out much too yellow. (Do you have a homemade light box you are happy with? What bulbs are you using?) I'm pretty sure it's the bulbs' fault.

Here are some awesome giveaways I came across this week:

Create (several)

Creative Critters Cricut Club

Sugardoodle

All Scrapbook Steals

Practicing Creativity

Laura Vegas

Coordinates Collections x2

Seabrook Designs

Sarah Mullanix

Ranger

9 comments:

  1. Love that you can still fit this in a regular envelope and it looks so great! Good luck with the light box - I'm constantly wandering around the house looking for the best spot to take pictures! :)

    Thanks too for playing along with the Embellish Challenge - I'm very excited to be their sponsor this week and if you have time, I have one more prize on my personal blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your batoonkus is okay because your card turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a challenge always seems to really make all of us do our best...and you really do a great job on this challenge. i love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This came out fabulous!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! So glad you played along with us for the Embellish Color Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just to sweet! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful design and fun details!!!! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete