Monday, March 29, 2010

Then and Now

The challenge this week over at ScrapTiffany is Then and Now. Since I'm not that great of a scrapbooker, this was gonna be a tough one for me to do as a card. But, I just so happened to be finishing up a book of birthday wishes for my dear friend, Cindy and I thought, "This could fit the challenge." Cindy just turned 40 and we threw her a surprise party last night. I asked her friends and family to send me messages of birthday wishes for Cindy; I typed them up and scrapped them in a cute book. How does it fit the Then and Now challenge? Well, the messages shared great memories from her family and friends from decades ago and some memories from newer friends. It works..... right?
This was my very first mini album (of sorts) and I loved loved loved making it. It was so easy because it was only 6x6, but the best part was that I was using up supplies left and right..... some old, some new, some won, some purchased. It was an incredible feeling.
Here is every page of it. After I sent some pictures of the mini-album to ScrapTiffany, I was thinking that I should give Cindy and her message writers some privacy. So please forgive the blurry centers of each photo. I wasn't sure how else to keep her messages from being seen. Hope you like what you see anyway. If you do, would you mind taking an extra minute to leave a comment. I'd love you forever.


5 comments:

  1. Very Cute Summer! Great job on your first mini! They are addictive :) It's great to find uses for all that leftover paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Such a great idea for a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your album turned out adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful mini and such a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete