Monday, May 31, 2010

Patterned Paper Palooza

This week, ScrapTiffany is challenging you to use 3 patterned papers in one project. FUN! Like most papercrafters, I am head-over-heels in love with patterned paper..... all of it. In fact, I've always loved paper and stationery of all kinds. When my husband and I went to Wal-Mart for the first time as husband and wife (before I was a papercrafter), he was baffled as to why I insisted on buying a pack of composition books in assorted colors and patterns. You understand, don't you?
This wasn't a hard challenge for me because I'm not afraid to throw a bunch of patterns together. But did you know that there are rules for this? I was reading CK's newest special issue, "tips & tricks," and they give you 12 strategies to use that gorgeous patterned paper. One of them is the gallon, quart, pint rule. The gist of this rule is to use each pattern half as much as the bigger piece. I think I kinda did that in this card.
See, the orange piece is at least half the size of the blue piece; and the stripes are half the size of the orange piece. I actually used 4 patterned papers. The flower was fussy cut from a full sheet.

The sketch came from BoBunny's card challenge.

Come on! Pull out at least 3 of your favorite papers and get to craftin'. Make sure you post it here.

Supplies: PP is BoBunny Flower Child and Sophie; flourishes are MAMBI; sticker is SRM; glitter is Martha Stewart; Ranger Stickles; corner rounder punch

2 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely card. The green flourishes are a wonderful addition! I think you've got that tip down pat, it worked great here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute SUmmer. I love how you thought "outside the box" of the card!

    ReplyDelete