Thursday, December 17, 2009

Monogrammed Candy Jar

I am digging this glass etching cream my friend Britten told me about last year. It's a little pricey, but use your Michaels coupon... and it lasts for quite a few projects.
I just used my Cricut to cut a frame from Storybook on adhesive vinyl. Place the negative of the image where you want on your glass item, then goop it up with a generous amount of the etching cream. After 5 minutes, rinse it off. Peel away your vinyl. Next, I cut out the O using Jasmine and repeated the previous steps. Voila! A cheap and QUICK custom gift.


4 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift idea - I am going to work on a project with some jars this weekend to fill with goodies (esp. now that we may be snowed in tomorrow!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Followed your link from the Tattered Angels site and really enjoyed visiting your creative blog, Happy New Year to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that is a fun idea! I love monogrammed gifts!

    ReplyDelete